Sunny’s mother inspired her to start her career.

Where are they going?: Sunny Longmeyer

Welcome to The Mav’s Senior Tradition where we highlight our current seniors and discuss where they are headed to.

Senior Sunny Longmeyer(‘21) has worked hard through high school earning herself a 4.0 GPA. 

In July, Longmeyer will start a 13 month cosmetology school program at Aveda. She will be working as a hair stylist and wants to eventually open her own salon.

“My mom has inspired me a lot because I’ve watched her begin her own salon in Longmont and see how much she has accomplished.”

Because Longmeyer is going to a trade school, she was able to get the Mead Area Trades and Vocational Scholarship.

“One of my favorite memories was from Mr. Parsons’ class when I sat next to my best friend, Kylie Zanini, because we would make jokes the entire class so that was definitely my favorite part of the day. Just hanging out with all of my friends and going to lunch was always so fun,” said Longmeyer. 

Some of her favorite times in high school also came from having  Mrs. Hedlun and Mrs. HJ as teachers; they impacted her the most. And her favorite class was AP U.S. Government with Mr. Parsons.

Sunny’s advice for underclassmen would be to look into all of the post high school options.

She said that college is often pushed on students,  “but there are so many great trade opportunities” out there. 

Sunny will be missed at MHS. We wish her the best of luck for her future!

The Mav • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in