Are you being duped? How to tell the difference between counterfeit fashion at Mead High School

Corbyn Vaow, Reporter

In today’s fashion trends there are a lot of  popular brands, such as, Supreme, Gucci,Yeezy, Rolex, Tag Heuer, and Louis Vuitton. In these very large brands, there are many  popular selections like the Yeezy 350’s v1/v2, Box Logo hoodie, Gucci belts, and the Tag Heuer Carrera 16.

But with these brands there are also frauds. Some fakes can cost almost the same amount as the originals. When buying from a reliable source you are most likely to get the real deal, but when buying from independent sellers it can become difficult to tell.

Yeezy 350 v2’s are a very big product sold by independent sellers, so it is important to know how to tell if you are being ripped off or getting the real deal. The first thing to look for when looking at the Yeezys, is the toe of the shoe. At the toe you want to see the overall curve. If the shoe is real it will have a deep curve, but if it is fake it will not have a very large curve. Another thing to look for, is the stripe of the shoe. If the stripe comes close to the center stitching of the shoe by the toes it is fake. If it is real it will have a gap in between the stitching and the stripe.

You can also tell with the stripe by the heel. If the stripe comes over the stitching in the heel it is fake, but if it stops at the stitching than it is legit. Also a way to tell if the Yeezys are fake is the heel and the tongue. On a real pair of Yeezy’s the toe will have a tight tongue and heel, but on a fake it will be loose.

Finally, the last way to tell if the Yeezys are fake is to look at the three Adidas stripes on the heel tab. Authentic pairs of Yeezys will have three matte black stripes, and on the frauds they usually have the same three stripes, but with two glossy stripes coming down the side of each stripe.

The second accessory that is popular, but has many fakes is Tag Heuer. In the past few years fake tag Heuer’s have become a problem for the company and its customers. The first thing to look at when inspecting a Tag Heuer is the overall quality. A real Tag Heuer will be in perfect condition. There should be no smudges, the lettering should be crisp and clear print and you should not see any blurred edges.

The next way to tell if it is a fake is the logo inside the watch. The logo should not have a solid plate. It should be open between the outline and the letters. Third look at the “45” and the “chronograph”. The “chronograph” should start above the “45”.

Another way to tell is the lumes on the hands. There should be one solid piece on each hand. The last way to tell if it is fake is to look at the length of the minute hand. The hand should extend nearly to the end of the hash mark.

Knock-off name brand clothing items are an extreme issue, especially when purchasing from a private seller especially when looking to buy from a private seller. A suggestion is to educate yourself about the features of an expensive item, before taking the risk.