Rebecca Medina

Izzy Medina (‘22) has been impacted by the relationships she’s developed throughout her time at MHS, and we can’t wait to see what she does next.

Where are they going: Izzy Medina

Welcome to The Mav’s Senior Tradition where we highlight our current seniors and discuss where they are headed to

After graduating from Mead High, Izzy Medina’s (‘22) original plan was to study marine biology or a degree related to marine biology in college.

Medina recently decided to take a gap year following her graduation and work to lessen the often overlooked financial side of college.

“My plan is to take that gap year and work and save… for [college],” she said.

She wants to attend college after working for a year. She plans to reapply to the University of Northern Colorado (UNC), Colorado State University (CSU), and the University of Hawaii, which are her top three schools.

Though marine biology is still of interest, Medina will take this next year to solidify her decision. She’s also considering studying anthropology or zoology.

She said going to college is something she wants to do when she’s fully sure, committed to, and excited about her degree.

Throughout high school, being on the cheerleading team has stood out as an incredible experience for Izzy. “Friday Night Lights were my thing. I loved doing cheer and being involved,” Medina said.

She also said she “has a lot of good memories with Student Council” as well as National Honor Society (NHS), which has introduced her to impactful volunteer work through food drives and the Longmont Humane Society.

In terms of advice for current high school students, Medina encouraged people to not “stress about [their] grades so much”. She continued, “Put your own happiness first because… those grades… don’t matter over your happiness and your mental health.”

Medina has really appreciated the impact of Mr. Clark, Ms. Rue, Ms. Chastain, and Ms. Krack through high school. Ms. Chastain’s and Ms. Krack’s senses of humor have made classes especially entertaining and fun.

We wish Medina luck on this next chapter of her life and know she’ll end up doing amazing things with her passions and work ethic.

The Mav • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in