5 Fun Fall Festivities

How to Make the Most Out of Your Fall Season

5 Fun Fall Festivities

Hayride to the pumpkin patch at Anderson Farms

Kelly Shields

Kelly Shields

Kelly Shields

Kelly Shields, Editor

As the warm weather and late nights of summer come to an end, cold weather and spooky season are fast approaching. Living in Mead, and the surrounding towns, it’s hard to find something to do; especially when you have to focus on your school work throughout the week. Listed below are 5 fall activities that are crucial to making this fall the best one yet!

• Going to a Pumpkin Patch. An absolute essential for fall fun includes the ever-so popular trip to a pumpkin patch. October demands pumpkins, and jack-o-lanterns, and although you can pick up a pumpkin at the grocery store, nothing screams ‘fall’ more than a hayride to a field of pumpkins. For those that don’t know, Anderson Farms is a local pumpkin patch, located on County Road 3 ¼ in Erie, that offers a variety of activities including: a pumpkin patch with a hay ride, corn maze, and gem mining.
  • Going to a Haunted House/Corn Maze. Colorado is home to many haunted sites and scary attractions. For those that don’t mind a little bit of a drive, and are interested in witnessing paranormal activities, the Stanley Hotel in Estes Park and Hotel Jerome in Aspen are in the top 5 most haunted places in Colorado, according to the website haunted rooms. However, if paranormal activity isn’t your thing but you’re still wanting a scare, Denver offers many attractions such as the 13th Floor Haunted House, and The Asylum Haunted House. For something closer, Anderson Farms offers Terror in the Corn, in addition to Zombie Paintball.
  • Having/Attending a Bonfire. With the cold weather fast approaching, it’s hard to stay outdoors for long. Bonfires are a great way of spending time outdoors and with your friends. You can choose to have a huge fire, or just a small one to roast marshmallows on, but either way you can’t go wrong. And just remember- fires are a great time to tell scary stories.

• Baking. Nights where the weather is not permitting, or you just want to have a night in, baking is the perfect pass-time. The majority of fall treats include some sort of pie, or cobbler. However, there are specialized recipes for making Halloween and Thanksgiving themed foods. For inspiration, check out the recent article, Spooktacular Snacks!, written by senior reporter Mya Das.

• Going to a Football Game. Centered in American life is the popular game of football. Games are available to watch every weekend and Monday night, but the tv doesn’t offer the full ‘fall’ experience. Although Friday night football games are coming to an end, there are still plenty of opportunities to attend a football game. Because of the successful season that the high school’s football team has had, playoffs are in the near future, and these games are ones that can’t be missed! Not only are there opportunities for high school football games, but college games are typically on Saturdays, while pro games are usually available on Sundays and Mondays.

About the Contributor
Kelly Shields, Editor

17 year old Senior, Kelly Shields, spends her time with friends. They do everything together, including working out, watching movies, and playing video...