Once again, tardies will result in after-school detention

MHS students were brought to class meetings to discuss school policy reimplementation

Angel Villalobos-Rivera

At the beginning of the year, Principal Brian Young stated that he hoped he wouldn’t have to implement a tardy policy once again.

On Friday, Nov. 4, students were brought from their advisory period for class meetings to be informed about the tardy policy that will be implemented again.

During the 2021-2022 school year, Mead High’s administration team established a tardiness policy, which has since been reinstated. Students who have four or more tardies in one week will be punished with an after-school detention the following Thursday (during the next week) from 3-4:30 p.m. Failure to serve after-school detention may result in an in-school suspension. If this is not met, ad

Mead High administration will take no excuses for not attending an after-school detention — from ride issues to work. Assistant Principal Mr. Alain Valette said, “Work will not be an excuse. We will personally call your bosses to inform them you have to stay after school.”

Attendance will have an impact on students in a variety of ways beginning next week; if attendance continues to be an issue for a student, this can lead to issues with things such as graduation, school event eligibility, and prom.