MHS’ Fall Play: The Outsiders

MHS’ Fall Play: The Outsiders

Mead High School will open its 2017-2018 theatre season with The Outsiders, written by S.E. Hinton and adapted to stage by Christopher Sergel. The play will be presented November 9-11 in the Mead High auditorium, with curtain at 7:00 p.m.

You are invited to attend one of our performances of this heartbreaking play about fitting in, substance abuse, and the meaning of family. On the surface these teenagers are rough, tough, and “greasy” and have a rigid view of the popular “Soc” group, and the struggle to find their places in the world. While some of these teens will struggle with fighting, substance abuse, and family hardships, all will strive to fit in and conquer social class inequalities. As the plot develops, the audience can expect to be pulled directly into Tulsa, Oklahoma, and feel like a teenager again. The MHS drama department invites you to embark on this emotional roller coaster, and experience a heartwarming sensation.

Thirty-nine students make up the cast and crew for this production. The greaser cast members include: Axel Manica as Ponyboy, Clarissa Estes as Johnny; Colten Dudley as Dallas; Ryan Yancey as Two-Bit; Tyler Prigmore as Darry; Josh Booth as Sodapop; Jamie Wainwright as Sandy. The soc cast members include: Isaiah Sandoval as Bob; Braden McCawley as Randy; Skyler Studholme as Cherry Valance; and BrayLynn Willis as Marcia.

Additionally, the following students complete the cast as extras or other minor characters. These students include: Hannah Davis; Keena Ball; Daelyn Vaughn; Janelle Allen; Jill Ross; Mikayla Chamberlin; Gina Ostfeld; Savannah Bogan; Lexi John; Skylar Burns; Abbie Grayeda; Tori Buchanan; Katelyn Cloud; Esme Robles; Sam Bell; Faith Hale; and Zoe Brown.

Andrea Mackey directs this show, assisted by student director Mikayla Boldt; stage manager Madeline Adams; and student producers Chloee McClellan, and Chaelor Brown.

The technical theatre students for this production are: Jaxon Bennett, Madison Martenson, Brianna Morales, Jared Overturf, Cameron Robenhorst, Kelly Truong, and Kristy Truong.

Tickets can be purchased in advance from the MHS school website and at the door.

Mead High School Theatre is also proud to offer Guys and Dolls on April 19, 20, 21, 2018.