Andrea Santacruz

Ana wants to travel the world and see new places.

Where are they going?: Ana Carrillo

Welcome to The Mav’s Senior Tradition where we highlight our current seniors and discuss where they are headed

Ana Carrillo (‘23) plans on attending Front Range Community College (FRCC) to get her Associate’s in Science. She wants to earn her Phlebotomy Certificate as well as get certified for bartending and work during school.

In 2024, Ana plans to take online courses during summer and fall while traveling the world. Thailand, Bali, and Chile are some of the destinations she’s looking into. One of her dreams is to buy a one way ticket to Brazil and backpack across South America.

Afterwards, she plans to transfer to a university to “pursue [her] interest in the medical field”.

Ana enjoyed going to football games. “Going with friends, having fun, and making the most out of it” was very memorable for her.

Junior year, she received her academic letter, an accomplishment she’s proud of. “It was my first year having [a GPA] higher than a 4.0,” she said.

She enjoyed her AP Language & Composition and English Honors 10 classes because of her love for English. These two classes improved her writing and taught her valuable time management skills.

“A teacher that really formed me throughout high school [was] Ms. Chastain,” Ana said. Ms. Lindsey Chastain – former English teacher and current dean – offered input that strengthened her writing and shaped her academically.

Journalism adviser Ms. Jamie Hedlun has also been impactful for Ana. “She’s a really compassionate person, and I feel like she’s… looked out for me,” she said.

Since freshman year, Ana shared she’s become more confident in herself and her abilities. One thing she feels has really improved is her English. She said, “When I moved here, I [noticed] that accent on me, and I was scared to talk freshman year.”

Ana said throughout the past four years she “became more social and… outgoing” as her English got better. “I got out of my shell,” she added.

She challenged herself with AP and Honors classes and is “proud of getting involved” academically.

For students moving into their senior year, Ana advises  “take it seriously and manage your time”. She also started the college process junior year and found it to be really helpful.

We wish Ana luck on this new chapter.

The Mav • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in