Jamie Hedlun

Another of Kevin’s favorite memories from high school were the many naps he took during class.

Where are they going?: Kevin Allen

Welcome to The Mav’s Senior Tradition where we highlight our current seniors and discuss where they are headed

After graduating, Kevin Allen (‘23) wants to focus on putting money towards future travel while working on digital and physical art designs and sharing his process online.

Kevin plans to work towards a degree in business or entrepreneurship in the future and eventually license his own art business where he creates and sells his pieces. During this process he hopes to have a tattoo apprenticeship and build those skills.

He wants to work on a “variety of styles” at first so he “can learn the most from the least amount of people”.

Kevin’s goal is to combine his love for travel and tattooing and travel to a new state every month tattooing clients all around the country.

He is also looking at returning to school afterwards to get his Master’s or Doctorate in Psychology.

Throughout high school, Kevin has taken a variety of classes where he’s gotten to know people and grow close to them. One of his favorite memories was Net & Target with Tavon Underwood (‘23) and Alan Vasquez (‘23).

“I really enjoyed… Intro to Energy Principles with [Mr.] Pratt,” he added. He appreciated how engaging and funny Pratt’s teaching style was.

“Since freshman year I’ve grown in maturity and patience,” he said. “I’m definitely a lot more calm now.”

If Kevin could give his freshman self advice, he’d say to “plan more” and “create [better] habits and routines”.

“[I’d dedicate] more time to myself, I devote a lot of time to other people,” he shared. He continued, explaining that while this isn’t a bad thing, it’s good to keep in mind our limits and set aside time for self care.

In terms of impactful teachers, the art department has played a big role in his last four years at Mead. Kevin said art teacher “Ms. [Katelyn] Lawley has been a friend and a mentor.” He described her as “positive, caring, and patient.”

Ms. Katie Kutz has been very helpful with teaching proportion, perspective, and detail for his art pieces.

He’s also appreciated Ms. Jennifer Lammey’s upbeat energy and teaching.

For incoming seniors, Kevin advised, “If you can fill [senior] year with off blocks and fun classes it will be worth it.”

“You don’t want to be stressed [during your] last year,” he continued.

We wish Kevin luck on this next chapter and are looking forward to seeing him grow his art into a business.

The Mav • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in