Breaking news: School lunch favorite “crispitos” haven’t been seen since the beginning of school, starting to worry students (satire)

Fear spreading through school as the potential of school lunch "crispitos" disappear

Garrett Schroeder, Editor

Thursday, the second of November. Students across Mead High School are again disappointed as the favorite school lunch “crispitos” are nowhere to be seen.

Panic and confusion seems inevitable, as crispitos were considered the proverbial glue keeping the school together. Student Tony Romero commented “I’m getting scared, if the crispitos don’t come back we could have a potential riot on our hands”. Tony has been a crispito enthusiast for almost his entire high school career, and advocates for their return.

Although unknown why they haven’t been seen since the start of the school year, rumors have been circulating that the removal had to do with the replacement of the aptly named “Asian”  variety that according to an anonymous source makes kids 80% more likely to take an AP class.

Restlessness has been observed to be slowly increasing as one can only wonder: will the school bring happiness or let our stomachs turn into a cesspool of sadness?

***This is a SATIRICAL piece. It is not the opinion of The Mav staff. Direct all questions, concerns, and anger towards editor Garrett Schroeder. 

Garrett Schroeder, Editor

17 year old Garrett Schroeder is one of the editors of The Mav newspaper. He loves inside as much as he loves outside. He regularly plays video games,...

3 Comments

3 Responses to “Breaking news: School lunch favorite “crispitos” haven’t been seen since the beginning of school, starting to worry students (satire)”

1. Rachel Long on November 2nd, 2017 11:08 am

Umm…crispitos were served last month and are on the menu for this month. I get that it’s satire, but they are always served only once a month.

2. Marcus on November 9th, 2017 8:13 am

I want crispitos back

3. ThOmAs Beltowski on November 9th, 2017 8:14 am

I am sad that crispitoa have not been in school lunch in what seems like forever I hope they make a huge return

• Breaking news: School lunch favorite “crispitos” haven’t been seen since the beginning of school, starting to worry students (satire)

Humor

can bubly replace ur significant other (Satire)

A general guide to growing indoor plants (Satire)

Corporate clouds (satire)

Frosty fright: local school gets spooked by snow (satire)

Showcase

Despite being one of the world’s fastest growing sports, Girls’ Hockey receives little to no attention at Mead High School

A day in which the roles are flipped: a boy with make-up and girl without

Arts

The Rose Candle

News

Mead High’s 2019 graduation protocol

Local

Fort Collins local and self-defense instructor participates in a “once in a lifetime” experience on History Channel’s “Alone”

News

Flags at Mead High fly at half mast to honor recent school shooting victims