Head coach Jason Klatt congratulates his team after their 42-28 win over Erie Friday night. (TC)
Head coach Jason Klatt congratulates his team after their 42-28 win over Erie Friday night.

TC

It’s a Big Year For Mead Football

November 6, 2017

The Mead Mavericks finish their first 10-0 season in history,  with the last two games up against the Erie Tigers winning their first Tri-Valley League Title, and against the Berthoud Spartans. Winning every game, except 3, with 40+ points.

The Mavericks had an impressive offense this year with 4071 yards total in rushing. These rushing yards are mainly from two players, Running Back Nathan Mackey with 1298 yards, and Quarterback Tyler Keys with 1216 yards.

However, the offense should not get all the credit for their success as the defense has also done its fair share, such as Evan Hansen with 65 solo tackles and 52 assisted as well as Trace Lindemann with 44 solo tackles and 32 assisted.

View Comments (11)

Photo of Corbyn Vaow
Corbyn Vaow, Reporter

Cobyn is a Sophomore here at MHS. He enjoys welding and AP government. Corbyn is our film review editor -- contact him if interested!

The Mav • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

• B

Brayden KeysDec 12, 2017 at 11:40 am

Proud of my brothers love all of them.

Reply
  • C

Conner HenmanNov 10, 2017 at 8:56 am

State bound

Reply
  • A

Aiden OwenNov 10, 2017 at 8:55 am

Tyler Rushed for more yards than the top 4 rushing quarterbacks in the NFL! That’s awesome!

Reply
  • L

LukeNov 10, 2017 at 8:52 am

Go Mead!

Reply
  • A

Alex steeleNov 9, 2017 at 1:45 pm

Good job Mavericks!

Reply
  • K

KenzieNov 9, 2017 at 1:44 pm

Good job!

Reply
  • R

Ryan PlattNov 9, 2017 at 1:44 pm

Good job, good luck in the playoffs

Reply
  • C

Calie LindemannNov 9, 2017 at 8:16 am

Congrats to the football team for a great season and not losing a single game! Good luck in the playoffs!

Reply
  • W

Wyett DerrNov 9, 2017 at 8:07 am

Good job keep it going in the playoffs!

Reply
  • Z

Zachary HousemanNov 9, 2017 at 8:07 am

Good job boys keep it going

Reply
  • C

Caden CampbellNov 6, 2017 at 12:23 pm

Congrats to all of the players on the team this year! This was a great team to watch this year and I am proud to be a Maverick because of this team! Good luck at playoffs and let’s take state!

Reply
11