Thanksgiving Dinner Is On It’s Way!

Get ready for warm filling food, and a possibility of weight gain. WOO!

November 13, 2017

Hey Mead it’s that time for holidays again! Time to pack away all your summer clothes and bring out your cozy sweaters! Not only are you getting ready for this cold season but you should plan on getting a bigger stomach! ‘Tis the season to be fuller.

The greatest part of getting into the chilly season is the holidays. Thanksgiving is coming faster than you thought and get ready to have the best meal of your lives! As all of you should know you only need the classics; turkey, green bean casserole, and a pumpkin pie of course to make a great thanksgiving. Needless to say delish.com and pilsburry.com do provide the greatest recipes known.

Juicy Turkey Breast

Ingredients:

1 bone-in turkey breast half, about 2½ pounds, with skin on
1-2 tablespoons butter
½ lemon
½ head of garlic, crushed with paper on
4-6 sprigs of fresh thyme
kosher salt and pepper

½ cup white vinegar

This is it a great way to go if you have no idea where to begin, have a classic main course that can provide your guests with great flavor and something to talk about, because it’s an amazing dish. Let me tell you how it’s made!

Preheat oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit then pat dry the turkey breast after rinsing it off. Separate skin from the turkey meat with your hands (wear gloves if you are weird about it) and spread half of the butter under skin. Spread the rest of the butter on top of the skin. Place turkey breast in a pan for roasting and season with kosher salt and pepper, but be sure it’s kosher salt (it’s healthier and tastes better). Pour white vinegar over breast, then squeeze lemon juice over the breast. After, top the breast with thyme and garlic. Make sure that the turkey breast is at 140 degrees before 30-35 minutes. This course serves 5 people and takes an hour or so to prepare so make sure it’s one of the first things you plan on cooking!

Green Bean Casserole

Ingredients

1 lb. green beans, trimmed
6 tbsp. butter, divided
1 onion, sliced into half moons
8 oz. sliced mushrooms
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 c. flour
3 c. whole milk
kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1 1/2 c. French’s fried onions

The green bean casserole is a great option for sharing food, it’s such a hands on food and is kinda healthy considering it has green beans in it! This is what I personally look forward to at thanksgiving, it’s such a warm filling food. It has a great taste and a bit of crunch!

Preheat oven to 350°. Then start boiling water, add green beans and cook until bright green, about 6-9 minutes. Quickly prepare an iced pot and transfer green beans to cool. Then drain them to set aside and in a large ovenproof skillet melt 2 tablespoons of butter. Add onions and cook til tender, about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and season with salt and pepper about another 5 minutes then stir in garlic and add the mixture to the bowl with the green beans. Melt the leftover 4 tablespoons of butter in the same skillet add flour and whisk till golden brown,about 2-4 minutes. Gradually whisk in milk and bring to a simmer. Cook until all the clumps are gone, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat then add green bean mixture and toss until even combined. Bake until warmed through and bubbling around the edges, about 20 minutes. Top with fried onions and bake 5 minutes more. This usually takes an hour to make and serves about 6 people, be ready for leftovers!

Classic Pumpkin Pie

Ingredients:

Crust-

Keebler Ready 9 inch crust

Fillings –
1 (15-oz.) can pumpkin puree
1 1/4 c. heavy cream
3/4 c. packed light brown sugar
3 large eggs, beaten
1 tbsp. all-purpose flour
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp. kosher salt
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
Whipped cream

You can never miss out on dessert, even though you’ll be stuffed! The best classic dessert dish to fill  your needs would be pumpkin pie. After getting a taste of salty foods, a bite of this sweet pie will get you enough satisfaction.

Filling: In a large bowl, whisk together pumpkin, cream, brown sugar, beaten eggs, flour, pumpkin pie spice, salt, and vanilla until smooth. Pour pumpkin mixture into pre-baked crust. Bake until filling is slightly jiggly in the middle and crust is golden, about 60 minutes. Then on a cooling rack place for about an hour, add whipped cream! This makes tips thanksgiving, this pumpkin pie serves about 5 people.

It’s okay to eat a little bit more than normal during the long holidays! Remember to get enough sleep too! For next time, prepare yourselves for my amazing video of Christmas cookies to inspire you to get into the holiday spirit!

The Mav • Copyright 2017 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in