Holiday Help

Information on the Mead Food Bank and upcoming holiday distribution

Some+of+the+Thanksgiving+boxes%2C+made+by+students+at+Mead+Elementary%2C+ready+to+be+distributed.+
Some of the Thanksgiving boxes, made by students at Mead Elementary, ready to be distributed.

Kelly Shields, Editor

As the holiday season approaches, stress may arise as some families face financial hardships. Diane Back, director of the Mead Food Bank, encourages those in need of help –or those that know somebody in need of help– to email her, and inform her of the situation. The Food Bank has distributions for Thanksgiving, the winter holidays, Easter, and back to school. At the distributions, families in need receive a box of food, including canned goods, and can also be provided with other necessities such as toiletries. Those in need can email Diane for information on the upcoming December 16 distribution.

A portion of the food collected by volunteers, ready to be sorted into boxes for the distribution.

The Mead Food Bank is also available for those in need of volunteer hours. Members of organizations such as National Honors Society can participate in the distributions, or just help out weekly by stocking the shelves with food.

For more information on the Mead Food Bank, email Diane Back at [email protected] –all emails will remain 100% confidential. Please include the date ‘December 16’ in the subject line.

Kelly Shields, Editor

17 year old Senior, Kelly Shields, spends her time with friends. They do everything together, including working out, watching movies, and playing video games in their so-called “mancave”, at their friend Jack Weis’ house. When she isn’t with friends, you can find Kelly at various sporting events, or with her Golden Retriever, Duke.

After high school, Kelly plans to go to CSU and get her PhD in Behavioral Sociology, and one day work for the FBI, as an intelligence agent and profiler.

1 Comment

One Response to “Holiday Help”

1. Brayden Keys on December 12th, 2017 11:45 am

Mead is full of good people

• Holiday Help

Local

As Homecoming approaches, a student pleas for other students to not drink and drive

• Holiday Help

Fall

Mead Varsity Softball shuts out Windsor opponents

• Holiday Help

Fall

Mead Varsity Football beats Lewis-Palmer Friday night

• Holiday Help

Local

Students create petition to save Percussion Ensemble

• Holiday Help

Local

Artists assemble for district wide Art Show

• Holiday Help

Local

Chinese 2,3 and 4 classes go to the Confucius Institute in Denver for field trip

• Holiday Help

Local

Colorado teachers unite at the Capitol to protest school funding

• Holiday Help

Local

The annual Carbon Valley Half Marathon is fast approaching

• Holiday Help

Activities

Longmont United Hospital hosts Career Day

• Holiday Help

Local

Gary Shields re-elected as Mead’s mayor

Holiday Help