FBLA leaves for regionals after weeks of preparation

Five members from the Future Business Leaders of America headed to the District Leadership Conference

Anakin Morales-Jimenez, Reporter

This morning at 7:00 A.M., Fred Wilson and Mead High’s FBLA team departed the school on a district school bus on their way to the annual FBLA District Leadership Conference at the First Bank Center in Broomfield, Colorado.

Wilson had issued a field trip permission form to the team on the 30th of January on a Tuesday, when the members usually meet for their weekly meetings in room E112.

The FBLA is expected to be at the conference until 2 P.M., and at the conference, the members are to participate in separate competitions and events that the team had signed up for weeks prior to the conference.

According to the official website, the Future Business Leaders of America team is a national organization that aims to:

– Develop competent, aggressive business leadership.
– Strengthen the confidence of students in themselves and their work.
– Create more interest in and understanding of the American business enterprise.
– Encourage members in the development of individual projects, which contribute to the improvement of home, business, and community.
– Develop character, prepare for useful citizenship, and foster patriotism.
– Encourage and practice efficient money management.
– Encourage scholarship and promote school loyalty.
– Assist students in the establishment of occupational goals.
– Facilitate the transition from school to work.

The purpose of the District Leadership Conference is for student members to challenge themselves in several categories of events from Public Speaking, Graphic Design, and many more, which ranged from individual and team competitions

Some events on the FBLA competition sign-up were categorized as tests, which required members to sign-up for designated testing dates and times in order to take the test, which will be “graded” accordingly out of all entries across the state of Colorado.

Success is wished for the members in the FBLA at their competitions.