Where are they going?: Scott Harton

Senior Scott Harton shares his post-high school plans

With graduation quickly arriving, many seniors are getting their plans and goals in order for after high school. With all of the different kids at Mead, there is a large variety of different ideas and dreams. Senior Scott Harton shared that his plans for after this year are a bit complicated.

Immediately after high school, Harton plans to take a gap year (of sorts) and travel with an “International Leadership Service and Performing Arts group called Up With People. They [will] travel all around the world and do incredible things for different communities.”

As for college, Harton says he will need to pursue higher education at some point because he is planning to be an Officer in the Air Force, although the specifics are a little up in the air. At the moment, he shared, “I’m waiting on a couple of opportunities to see which doors open and which doors close,” referring to some important scholarships.  

When asked if he was nervous or excited to move away after high school, Harton’s answer was “Hell yes,” to both. It can be intimidating leaving what you know to pursue something out of your comfort zone, a feeling many seniors can likely attest to. “I feel like I’ve known everything for 18 years here, and I guess changing the lifestyle is gonna different,” he said.

Harton is excited for all of the opportunity coming after high school, “whether that’s friends, life experiences, traveling, getting to experience things on my own with less parental restrictive guidance, you know?”

The Mav • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in