Student investigated after threat to Mead High School

The student was charged with Misdemeanor Interference

%22The+safety+of+our+community+is+%5Bthe+Mead+Police+Department%27s%5D+highest+priority%22+says+officer+Ismael+Aldana.+

"The safety of our community is [the Mead Police Department's] highest priority" says officer Ismael Aldana.

Aiden Owen, Photography Editor

On Thursday, March 15th, a 15-year-old student from Mead High School was investigated and charged with a Misdemeanor Interference with staff, faculty, or students of an educational institution after making a threat against the school.

The investigation came after the Mead Police Department received a “Safe2Tell” alert concerning a 15-year-old male student making statements and exhibiting behavior that caused alarm.

The Mead Police Department and the SVVSD school district worked together to determine if the tip was legitimate. The student was not allowed on school grounds during the investigation.

Student attendance was extremely low the following days, with more than 190 students absent on Friday, March 16th.

State law prohibits the release of a juvenile’s name or mug shots.

All information gathered from official Mead Police Department press release:

https://www.townofmead.org/sites/default/files/fileattachments/police_department/page/51278/mead_high_school_press_release.docx.pdf