Filed under Mav Advice

Positive ways of living: changing our outlook

Make a meaningful life with simple tips

The greatest experience in life is life itself.

You are you, and no one can change that. There will never be another person like you! Sometimes we all get into these depressing and sad moods. Grieve from loved ones dying, something that upsets you,or your family is struggling with something. Whatever it may be, it’s okay to feel down, but we can’t sit around and not make a change to the situation.

Life is so short, and I want everyone to live it to their fullest. I can remember when I was eight years old, like yesterday, and that was 10 years ago. You never realize just how fast time flies. Making yourself happy is the most important thing!

Throughout life we strive to meet goals, deadlines and achievements. We spend our time trying to accomplish tasks telling ourselves that if we could just get a degree, get married, have a good job, we would be happy. That is a pathway to success!

Life itself is a journey, and we are educated on the way. What we decide to learn is our choice. And anything is possible, if you have that mindset to achieve a goal, let nothing else get in the way. Because no matter what anyone says, you can do anything you put your mind too. If you want it do it, make yourself happy.

Enjoy the journey, and learn to enjoy who you are. Being comfortable with yourself shows other people the confidence you have. It is only then, when this attracts others closer to you.

Enjoy school, enjoy your family, enjoy your youth.

I can’t stress this enough, family is so important. No matter what they have your back, through thick and thin those are the individuals who you can count on! Get closer to them;  having a stronger bond between family members makes everyone feel loved and important. It’s never too late to start!

I know I’ve complained about waking up for school in the past, but as a graduating senior I’ve come to the realization that I’m actually going to miss seeing my closest friends everyday, and even sitting in a classroom to learn. I regret not going out for sports, or even after school activities. Never miss the opportunity to do something you want to, never be afraid that someone is going to to judge you either. That was half the reason why I didn’t achieve my goals in high school. It’s okay to be yourself, no matter what the circumstances are.

Enjoy being young! Don’t try to grow up too fast! Live in the moment, things don’t need to be rushed. I get that you may want to be able to get your license, or finally turn 18, but when the time comes, so do more responsibilities.

Focus more on the positive side of things, even at your job. I know having a job can be stressful and time consuming, but don’t stress about the little things. Soon your day will be over and you’ll have more free time than expected!

Also, in a sense don’t stress about the little things in general, you’ll get that date, and you’ll get that scholarship. It’s just a matter of time and how hard you work for it. At the end of the day things will fall in place how they were unexpectedly planned to. Go with the flow and choose best for yourself. Everyone makes mistakes, it’s normal. Just learn from them!

And it’s never late to change your outlook on life! Be a better you by improving other people’s days too. Things like genuinely asking how people’s days are can make a big difference, and by spreading kindness and positivity, you will create a better environment to be in.

Once you’ve created a positive environment around yourself, you will feel great by the end of the day too.