Make-A-Wish comes to Mead

Donate all throughout next week to help grant a child's wish

Kelly Shields, Editor

On Friday, April 13th, Mead High School will be hosting an assembly for the Make-A-Wish Foundation in order to raise money for their next grant.

The Make-A-Wish Foundation is a non-profit organization that provides children with critical illnesses the ability to have a life beyond their illness. The child must be between 3 and 17 years old and must have a life-threatening illness.

Once nominated and elected for a “wish,” the child has the opportunity to decide which “once in a lifetime” experience they would like to be given.

Although the organization is extremely popular, it is completely non-profit, and they rely on donations for granting wishes.

Mead High School’s own freshman Calie Lindemann has recently been nominated by her brothers for a wish. The foundation elected her, and her wish was for a trip to Disney World; she leaves on April 16.

Calie’s wish has already been granted, but the foundation is in need of donations for their next grant.

Throughout the week of April 9-13, the Mead High School Student Council will be selling t-shirts at lunch (price is yet to be determined). There will be more opportunities to donate throughout the week, as there will also be fundraisers at Chick-fil-a and Qdoba. On Friday before the Film Fest there will be a tailgate in the high school parking lot. All proceeds will go to the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

For more information regarding prices and times, as well as live tweeting of the fundraisers, visit @Mavnewspaper on Twitter.

To donate to the Make-A-Wish Foundation, visit:http: www.wish.org