Go see Guys and Dolls!

Lucas Hale, Editor

Annika Nelson and Axel Manica during dress rehearsals; Photo Courtesy of Aiden Owen

Come out this Thursday, Friday, and Saturday (4/19, 4/20, and 4/21) to see Mead High’s Drama Department perform Guys and Dolls!

Senior Jamie Wainwright would tell you to come on Saturday night, ” come on senior night, you’ll get to see us send off the seniors”. Not only is Saturday senior night, but also the last performance of the year. Meaning the performers will have already done the show twice and should be at their most prepared.

While Jamie recommends coming Saturday, Axel and Chloee McClellan prefer Friday night, “it’s the second performance, so all the jitters will be gone”.

But there is still something to be said about opening night, when the anticipation of both the actors and the audience is at a near boiling point.

The last few months the cast and crew have been devoting a significant chunk of time, both in class and after school,  to the show’s preparations. From running lines and perfecting musical numbers, to creating and painting the set. Axel Manica even said, “every cast member has put in at least 100 hours, the stars are probably pushing 200”.

Mikayla Boldt, the student director personally believes this is the best musical Mead has ever put on. From the ambitious choreography (put together by Lexi John), to the elaborate costumes, and eccentric dialects; Guys and Dolls is certain to captivate any audience.

Now let’s do our part and fill the auditorium, just 7$ for students and seniors and 12$ for adults. We can’t wait to see you there, and to the cast- Break a leg!