Mead Drama Department wins prom royalty

All four winners of prom royalty this year acted in this years production of Guys and Dolls.

Mead Drama Department wins prom royalty

Big smiles from prom King and Queen while wearing their sashes.

Colten Dudley

Colten Dudley

Colten Dudley

Jared Overturf, Editor

This year’s prom royalty was swept by Mead Drama Department. Skyler Studholme and Axel Manica were voted Prom Prince and Princess. Chloee McClellan and Colten Dudley won Prom Queen and King. All of the winners are involved in theatre, and were in Mead’s latest production of Guys & Dolls.

“It feels so good to have won it with the girl I love,” said Dudley. “It was such a small thing yet after it happened we felt so cool.”

“It felt like I had made enough of an impact on people for them to vote for us,” said Dudley.  “We felt pretty accomplished, you know?”

The event was held at Church Ranch Event Center in Westminster on Saturday, April 28. The dance began at 8:00 and went till 11:00. The venue featured an inside area with tables in the back and a dance floor in the front where attendees could dance the night away to the DJ’s music. A popular space to spend the night was an outside area where people could socialize in a quieter environment.

The Neverland-themed after prom was held at Mead High School from midnight till around 2:00 am. Students were able to participate in activities and eat food, all awaiting the prize drawing that would conclude the night.

About the Contributors
Jared Overturf, Editor

Jared Overturf is an editor for The Maverick and a senior at Mead High School. He has a dog named Fergus and a cat named Rufus, both of whom he loves very...

Ryan Yancey, Multimedia Editor

Ryan Yancey, the Multimedia Editor, is new to The Mav team but, by no means new to editing multimedia.  He has created many award-winning films such as...