Science classes at Mead are changing for sophomores

Be aware of how these changes could affect your schedule

Mead High School is changing its structure for science class recommendations. This change is coming next year! So when registering for classes and meeting with your counselor, talk about and be aware of how that might change your schedule.  

Underclassmen, you now have an array of science classes you can take if you are not ready for chemistry or if chemistry is not the right science class for you. Your current science teacher will make the recommendation for where you go next. It should already be in your Infinite Campus for you.

The progression of science classes is in the 2019-2020 course description book at this time, so if you have any clarifying questions about your future science courses, make an appointment to speak with your counselor or your current science teacher.

Incoming freshman will be taking Biology or Honors Biology. From there is where science classes are changing. You could take Forensic science, Geology, or Chemistry.

Madison Hadley, Reporter

Madison Hadley is a sophomore. She is involved in the musical arts of Mead High School. She is a dog person, and she enjoys investigative journalism.

You...

4 Comments

4 Responses to “Science classes at Mead are changing for sophomores”

1. Allison M on March 1st, 2019 7:26 am

I wish I would have been able to take forensics or an easier class my sophomore year. Chem was a fine and easy class for me but I bet a lot of juniors and seniors would have liked the idea of forensics because chem was hard for many sophomores. I’m glad this is an option now

2. Brenna Cummiskey on March 1st, 2019 7:29 am

This is such good news! I’m glad they altered the curriculum because not all students can fully engage in one specific science class as the material basis is usually very different in its foundations. And for students that know what career field they go in, they can now pick a science class to help them prepare! 🙂

3. Marina Goter on March 1st, 2019 7:32 am

i didn’t know classes for freshman were changing next year! good information girl!

4. Emma on March 5th, 2019 8:20 am

It’s good to know that classes are changing for freshman next year, thanks for letting us know!