Changes regarding the 2019-2020 homecoming dance contract explained

The dance contract has been altered slightly from previous years

The+dance+contract+has+been+changed+from+previous+years.+

The dance contract has been changed from previous years.

Cecilia Zak

When the new rules for the High School’s homecoming were announced, there was a bit of confusion within the student body. The major cause of disarray was the newly enacted dance contract.

Assistant Principal/Athletic Director Mr. Eisentrager explained in an interview earlier this week that there were no massive changes made from last year’s dance contract, that things were simply “tightened up”.

When asked to elaborate on the policy changes, Mr. Eisentrager added, “The policy remains the same: appropriate dress, appropriate dance, appropriate music, all those sorts of things…”

Although students at first seemed uneasy at the thought of a new dance contract, interviews with several students show a shift in the student body’s perspective.

Malia Harton (‘21) claimed to have “not even read the contract’, adding that she has neutral feelings towards the dance contract.

Jacob Moore (‘21) said he did read the contract. However, when he was asked to comment on the contract, he said,” I think that some of it makes sense, and some of it is a little extreme.”

When asked to elaborate, he expressed his main concern is just to have fun at this year’s Homecoming.

As a reminder, all students are required to turn in new dance contracts for each new school year.