Trevin+Haines+is+a+member+of+the+Jazz+Choir.+

“Everyone should join [choir] because I don’t know what I’d do without it.”

Trevin Haines is a member of the Jazz Choir.

Trevin Haines tells his personal experience about choir. 

Trevin Haines has been in choir since elementary school. “I always thought it was fun to sing with other people and make a cool sound with my mouth.”

Choir has a very tight-knit community where there is very little hate among the members. Haines said the choir is “a big family”, and it’s an easy way to make new friends.

“We’re all very crazy and loud… We are very expressive, very out there, and we’re not afraid to stand in the spotlight.” 

With their unity, the choir can create a beautiful sound. Each individual voice is necessary to make that sound and make the song complete.

“The best part… is finding that sound that the choir does together and then making it sound just perfect. It’s just so pretty.”

The choir is directed by Rikelle Berry. She has been directing Mead’s choir for two years. “She’s like a… choir mother to all of her choir kids… I can’t think of a negative thing to say about her.”  

Choir helped Haines open up and become more social. Choir gave him a place where he could fit in and be himself. 

“It’s just a family and a place to go when you’re feeling down.” 

Choir changed Haines “100%”. His stage fright and anxiety has almost completely disappeared. “It’s changed me completely, definitely for the better.” 

“Don’t knock it ‘till you try it. If you don’t think you can sing, technically, everyone can sing. They just need a little bit of work. I don’t believe in not being able to sing. I genuinely believe that anyone can learn to sing, [and] it’s really not that bad. It can take a lot of time, and it can be difficult, but it’s so much fun. For the people and the happy little space it gives you, I highly recommend joining choir.”

The Mav • Copyright 2020 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in