Your guide for preparing for 2020-2021 class registration

What Mead High offers to prepare for registration

Registration begins Monday, January 13.

Lauren Larson, Writer

As the 2019-2020 school year begins its second semester, it is now time for freshmen, sophomores, and juniors to register for the 2020-2021 school year. Registering for the many classes that Mead High School has to offer can be stressful and overwhelming. You may be asking yourself questions such as, “What classes are right for me?” and, “How do I know what prerequisites each class has?”

In order to help you sort through the many classes, Mead High School will be offering many opportunities for you to learn about every class and make educated decisions on what classes best suit you. 

On January 10, in order to help you choose what math class you should be taking next year, your math teacher will be entering in recommendations in infinite campus. You do not have to choose the math class your teacher recommended but it is a helpful way to see where they see you next year. 

From January 13–15,  ninth through eleventh graders will be attending registration presentations in the auditorium during Mav20. The Mead High counselors will be running the presentations and will explain the registration process and each student will be given registration materials. 

On the night of January 15, the counselors will be holding an informational meeting for parents and students regarding college and graduation requirements and the upcoming 2020-2021 school year. This meeting will be held from 6:00–6:30 PM in the auditorium. 

Directly after the informational meeting, Mead High will host an activities fair from 6:30–8:00 PM. Students can see booths from all types of programs such as clubs, sports, and academic activities which will all be there to answer any questions that students may have. 

From January 21–February 4, students will have individual meetings with their counselors where, according to the school-wide SVVSD email, you will “review the classes you selected, graduation requirements ICAP completion and post-secondary plans.” 

Students should expect their schedules in May 2020 for the 2020-2021 school year.