Summer is here, and everyone is ready to get out of the house and have fun. But with the COVID-19 pandemic, leaving the house might be scary and hard to do, so here are eight ways to have fun while social distancing.
1. Binge watch: I know you hear this a lot, but if you find a show that you really like, binge watching can help pass the time while keeping you engaged in something.
2. Netflix Party: A Netflix party is a great way to stay connected with friends and loved ones while we’re social distancing. Through google chrome, Netflix Party is an app that allows you to watch shows and movies with anyone; it also includes a chat room.
3. Picnics: Picnics are a great way to go see a friend while staying six-feet apart. Going to a local park, playing some music, and eating with a friend can help you stay connected.
4. Working out: Working out during this time can be impossible. why work out when you can do anything else? That’s why you need a workout buddy. There are a million online workouts, so call a friend and do it together! That way you can motivate each other while staying connected.
5. Parades: Helping friends celebrate is a great way to interact without breaking social distance guidelines. Throwing parades for your seniors or for a friends birthday is simple and shows them how much you care for them.
6. Video games: Gaming online with friends is a great way to have fun with your friends while social distancing.
7. BBQ: You can stay connected with people by having BBQs. Depending on how comfortable people are, you could have a BBQ in someone’s yard or find an open space to park your cars in and enjoy a meal together.
8. Jam sessions: Depending on how comfortable you are, go get coffee or food with a friend, listening to your favorite music on the way. Or find an open space to park your car with your friends and jam out to your favorite songs with them.
I know it feels like we will never go back to normal, but there are still ways to interact with friends while we have to social distance. And the list doesn’t stop here, get creative and stay connected to all of the important people in your life. Stay safe!
For more things to do in quarantine, or for any pandemic coverage, visit The Mav‘s COVID-19 Coverage section.