Photos by D

Sarah looks forward to specializing in cardiology.

Where are they going?: Sarah Steere

Welcome to The Mav’s Senior Tradition where we highlight our current seniors and discuss where they are headed to

Sarah Steere (‘23) plans to attend Front Range Community College (FRCC) for her Phlebotomy Certificate and her prerequisites to later join the medical field. Steere is looking forward to majoring in biology and working her way to Pre-Med. She would like to specialize in cardiology.

Sarah said that she’s “been interested in the medial field” since she started going to the doctor’s office as a kid.

She’s taken a couple classes in high school at the Career Elevation and Technology Center (CETC) to help her prepare for college, including Medical Terminology, Medical Assisting, and EKG Technician Training. This has helped her earn a medical assistant and EKG certificate in high school.

Sarah said that she has become more mature since freshman year and has learned to prioritize important things in life.

Her favorite memories from high school are spending time with friends and attending football games. Sarah enjoys making YouTube videos during her free time.

Sarah informs students starting their senior year that it is a lot harder than people think. “You really have to show up because this is your last year. You are so close to finishing that you might as well get it over with,” she said.

A teacher that Sarah connected with was Ms. Erin Warren. Her junior year they went on a school trip together to Washington, D.C. where they spent lots of time together and really bonded.

Sarah is excited for graduation and seeing her family members supporting her on that day.

The Mav • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in