Mrs.+Berry+has+become+an+integral+part+of+the+Mead+community.+

Chloe Patterson

Mrs. Berry has become an integral part of the Mead community.

Teacher Feature: Mrs. Berry

Mrs. Berry is a student favorite for her ability to make students feel happy and loved

Mrs. Rikelle Berry is a talented person with a big heart. She loves her students and treats them with kindness. 

Mrs. Berry went to Colorado Mesa University in Grand Junction. She studied music education and music performance. Although she loves teaching music, she would have taught history if she had not been able to teach music. She was in choir a lot as a kid and decided that she really enjoyed music. 

Mrs. Berry always brings a smile to the classroom and makes others happy. She has been a member of the MHS community for three years and plans to stay for much longer.

Her students have a fun time in her classes, and many plan on taking more of her courses in the future.

“She’s a great teacher who has an amazing personality and voice,” said Kaliegh Beamish (‘23). Beamish has been in Mrs. Berry’s class for two years and loves it. She says that Mrs. Berry always makes her laugh when she walks in the room. 

Mrs. Berry loves being outside and playing with her dogs. She also loves reading books and playing video games. 

Mrs. Berry’s dad teaches in the district as well. He was an administrator for a long time. Her grandfather was also in the music industry. He was a music director and almost got his doctorate in music. He still comes to Mrs. Berry’s concerts in support. 

She has certainly made an impact on the MHS community.

“I like how she makes an effort to create meaningful relationships with her students,” Nicole Vincent (‘23) said. She is in her second year of taking Mrs. Berry’s class. 

If you are interested in music or choir, many students would highly recommend joining choir to have Mrs. Berry as a teacher.

The Mav • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in