Jessica+Cooper+%2821%29+looks+forward+to+starting+at+CSU+to+work+towards+a+career+as+a+criminal+prosecutor.+

Jessica Cooper (’21) looks forward to starting at CSU to work towards a career as a criminal prosecutor.

Where are they going?: Jessica Cooper

Welcome to The Mav’s Senior Tradition where we highlight our current seniors and discuss where they are headed to after high school.

Senior Jessica Cooper (‘21) has worked hard all four years of her high school career to make it to and through her senior year.

Cooper plans on attending Colorado State University (CSU) and majoring in Sociology and Criminology to get her bachelor’s degree before transferring to a law school to work towards becoming a criminal prosecutor. She is currently undecided on a law school.

Cooper says she will need roughly seven years of schooling to finish with a law degree, four of which she plans to spend at CSU to obtain her bachelors.

A favorite memory during high school for Cooper was going from her sophomore year looking up to some of the seniors to becoming close friends with a few of the seniors that she still talks to on a regular basis.

A piece of advice from Jessica to underclassmen: “Don’t over work yourself. Know your limits … Push yourself, but don’t push yourself too far.”

During her time at Mead, Cooper (‘21) found AP U.S. Government and Politics with Mr. Parsons was very impactful for her and her career path, and she liked that Mr. Parsons brought in current events instead of keeping all the lessons logistical and textbook-based.

Cooper (‘21) also said that AP Psychology with Mrs. Sandoval sparked her interest in social sciences and encouraged her to major in sociology during her undergraduate years.

We wish Jessica the best of luck on her journey. She will be missed here at MHS!

The Mav • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in