Carolyn Turner

Rebecca is proud of getting good grades throughout high school

Where are they going: Rebecca Wheeler

Welcome to The Mav’s Senior Tradition where we highlight our current seniors and discuss where they are headed.

Rebecca Wheeler (‘23) will attend the University of Southern Virginia. She plans to obtain her bachelors degree in music education. Rebecca would like to teach choir to high schoolers and eventually, after getting her doctorate, be a college professor. 

She decided to study music education because music has always been an important part of her life considering that her mother also has a major in music education which she said “had a huge impact in [her] life. [Rebecca] looks up to her a lot.”

Rebecca said that she enjoyed being involved in a lot of clubs and activities at MHS. She was part of FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America), and she really loved going to state for her last year. Rebecca was on the dance team for the first three years of her high school, and she was in choir and really loved all of the concerts. 

Rebecca said that she has grown a lot since freshman year. In a specific way, she has learned to be more herself. She also learned to come out of her shell and be more outgoing and open to people.

Her most influential teacher is Ms. Berry, who had a huge influence on her since freshman year. From her sophomore year, Rebecca has seen Berry every day, so she had a huge impact on her. Ms. Berry has always been supporting and accepting of many people, and she’s definitely been a mother figure in her life. 

After Rebecca graduates, she will remember all of the memories and the bonds that she has made with all of her friends. She also will remember all of the choir memories and the concerts.

The best advice she could give is “don’t take anything for granted.” A lot of times people say that they hate high school, or they don’t want to be there, but in the senior year they wish they would have been more involved in the school.

We hope that Rebecca will have a new wonderful period of her life and we wish her luck. 

The Mav • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

• E

EllieAug 18, 2023 at 11:06 am

Good job.

Reply