‘Baby Reindeer’ is a show you don’t want to miss

The show, Baby Reindeer, is on Netflix’s top 10 list
Baby+Reindeer+was+an+insane+watch+and+should+be+added+to+everyones+must+see+list.+
Baby Reindeer was an insane watch and should be added to everyone’s ‘must see’ list.

On April 11, “Baby Reindeer” was released on Netflix top 10 list. This show contains seven episodes based on a real story.  This show depicts stalking, traumatic experiences, and the aftermath of it. 

In this show, the main character, Donny Dunn, is played by Richard Gadd. From the true events of Gadd being stalked, he played his character in the show. 

The rest of this review contains spoilers and brief mentions of sensitive topics. Reader discretion is advised. 

Donny Dunn gets stalked by the character Martha, played by Jessica Gunning, in the show. It all starts with Martha receiving a drink from Donny at the bar because she is upset. 

After this scene, Martha begins to come back every day and grows obsessed with Donny. This gets to the point where she finds his email and starts sending sexualized and harassing messages to Donny. Initially, Donny doesn’t seem to care and loves the attention of Martha.

Donny finally hits a breaking point when Martha sexually assaults him and stalks him from down the road. After all this, his life story is revealed with scenes of drug usage, sexual assault and rape. 

In the end, Martha goes to jail and Donny is shown crying in a bar. The bartender then offered him a drink.

Some speculations of the last scene are that it’s a full circle where Donny then stalks this guy and the cycle repeats, however, that is just not true. In the end, it shows Donny realizes he didn’t do anything to tempt Martha to stalk him, she was just crazy.

This show has been a huge hit causing people to take a further look. Some have found “Martha’s” Facebook page where she is currently posting about how vile the show is.

This entire show is insane. The full seven episodes are unhinged and overall capture the storyline of how past trauma can still affect a person.

I rate this show an 8/10 and think everyone should watch it.