“Found Heaven” shows new variety in Conan Gray’s musical ability

In Conan Gray’s most recent album, he explores new sounds from his past music
Found Heaven has a playtime of 36 minutes, with 13 tracks

Found Heaven is Conan Gray’s third studio album. His first album was Kid Krow, his second Superache. For this new album, he wanted to incorporate a new type of sound and style into his music, differing from what he usually does. He executed it perfectly.

The overall vibes of this album are the 80s and upbeat but also covers very serious topics of falling in love for the first time and having to deal with the aftermath of heartbreak. One of my favorite elements of this album is the lyrics, throughout the album he uses strong lyrics to show his emotions.

Track two, “Never Ending Song” is a fun and cheery song. It is also the first released single from this album. The track uses a lot of playful and perky beats along with good lyrics. It has a very catchy tune and regularly gets stuck in my head.

Track four, “Lonely Dancers” also has a unique and upbeat vibe to it. It is one of my favorites from the album because of how unserious the song is as a whole and how lively it is. The song talks about finding your partner with someone else but is described as if he’s looking back and laughing at the situation.

Track five, “Alley Rose” is my second favorite on the album because of the amount of emotion he was able to create between the lyrics and the rhythms. This song talks about realizing a relationship is meeting its end and having to come to terms with it. While also analyzing the relationship, it focuses on trying to figure out what more he could have done to save it, but in the end, he wanted clarity. I also enjoy the way the song starts very soft and builds up this anger with the beat and lyrics combined.

Track eight, “Bourgeoisies” is my favorite song from the album and is the most fun in my opinion. The whole song is simply making fun of rich people and their regents to the problems happening in the world. Throughout the whole song, it is just a play on words. Overall this song is very upbeat and just makes you want to dance.

Track 12, “Killing Me” was another single on this album. This song has a darker feel compared to the rest of the album. It talks about an unhealthy relationship or a person who just continuously is taking from you and draining you. The lyrics are beautifully written and help tell the story along with the beat that this song creates.

Track 13, “Winner” is another single from this album and is the last track on the album. This song is a more somber song from the rest of the album and uses incredible vocals along with lyrics to create this impressive song. This again is such a unique song that was beautifully put together.

Overall I rate this album a 10/10 because of the time spent creating beautifully written and produced songs.