My four years of High School have led to this one goal (Commentary)

I want to do one singular pull up on a ten millimeter door frame, I’m hoping this can be done before I graduate
Ben+attempting+to+do+a+pull+up+on+the+door+frame.+
Raul Mares
Ben attempting to do a pull up on the door frame.

Throughout my years at Mead High School, I have been lost. I don’t know where I’m going or what I want to do after high school, but I have finally found something meaningful.

My goal is to do a singular pull-up on a doorframe at school before I graduate. Now, this may not sound like much compared to other people’s goals of going to an Ivy League school or getting a 1400 SAT score, but to me, this is a big goal.

Ever since I found out the door frames at school have a small amount of space, I have set my mind on being able to do a complete pull-up on one.

At the climbing collective, I practice my dead hangs and my pull-ups on the fingerboard, imagining the doorframe in my head—strengthening my fingers for the final boss.

As of now, I am able to do a 16-millimeter pull-up, but the door frame is ten millimeter. I have a long way to go, but I believe my goal is achievable within this time frame.

I will continue to train my fingers and my grip strength, and one day I will be able to do ten millimeter dead-hangs and pull-ups. One day, I will be able to.