Stressed out about that next test?

6 Helpful Ways to Prepare Yourself for Tests

Sophomore Shelby Lewis and Junior Ainsley Hammond are busy at work.

Mayrene Ramos, Reporter

Taking practice tests can be very helpful to be prepared for actual tests, such as the ACT and SAT. It is important to take practice tests so that you can be aware of the things you need to practice on. Knowing this, Mead high school has given the opportunity to freshmen, sophomores, and juniors to take a practice PSAT/SAT as of October 4th 2017. Of course, there are more ways to prepare than just practice tests. Below are some studying tips that will hopefully be helpful to you.

1. Consult your teachers. Asking your teachers about things you don’t understand is such a great help because your teacher will do the best they can to help you understand whatever it is you’re struggling with.
  2. Take notes. Having good notes will help you remember the things you were taught, and they will also be a good source to look at when studying.
  3. Have a positive attitude. Attitude is a big part of how well you study and your overall success in school. Positivity will encourage you to try things you may think you can’t do.
  4. Get a place to study. Your study spot should be somewhere you know you can focus, a quiet and distraction-free location.
  5. Take breaks. Including regular short breaks can improve your focus because if you work for too long on a single task, your performance will actually decrease.
  6. Study every day. Studying at least a little bit everyday will be a frequent reminder to the mind and will help you avoid stress when trying to study the night before your test.

Although practice tests are made available to students at Mead High School, there are more ways to prepare yourself for being successful in a test.