Conan Gray’s album ‘Superache’ is one of my all-time favorite albums

Conan Grays popularity has grown since his early teen years for a reason
Conan Gray’s first studio album is Superache.

Conan Gray is a 25-year-old American singer-songwriter from Texas who has released two EPs, Sunset Season and Kid Krow, and one album called Superache. When I listened to this album, I instantly fell in love with the combination of lyrics and musical elements that Gray added.

Superache was released on June 24, 2022, and it has 12 unique tracks with a total playtime of 40:22. After only one listen, I suspected it would be on repeat in my ears for the next few months, and I was right. This album explains complex feelings and holds a roller coaster of emotions. It shows what it is like to navigate through your love life and the troubles that come up as you are figuring things out.

Track two, “People Watching,” is a beautifully written song that connects with hopeless romantics as they “live through you vicariously,” trying to understand the feeling of love yet never experiencing it themselves. This is a heartbreaking song that perfectly captures waiting for the right person to enter your life.

Track five, “Astronomy,” is one of the softer and more heartfelt songs on this album. The lyrics walk through the story of Gray in a relationship of perfect expectations that slowly fade away. This track starts very calm and escalates throughout, showing more anger about the situation. The chorus—and the whole song—uses a beautiful metaphor to describe this scene: “As much as it seems that you own my heart, it’s Astronomy; we’re two worlds apart.” This is one of my favorite songs from the album, and it holds a special place in my heart.

Track ten, “Footnote,” is a more somber song that is much more lyrical focused as it embraces the feeling of being in love with someone when it’s not mutual on their end. The title is a beautiful way to describe this longing for someone you can’t ever have: “Every line I would write for you, but a footnote would do.” Giving a person so much of yourself to just get a small sliver in return leaves you heartbroken and confused.

Track eleven, “Memories,” is a more well-known song off of this album, growing a lot of popularity on TikTok for clear reasons. This is a more aggressive song as it shows the eagerness of moving on from a person who continuously shows, which up-brings recurring feelings. “I wanna put you in the past ‘cause I’m traumatized, but you’re not letting me do that.” This song has a very catchy tune and easily gets stuck in your head, which links to the popularity of this track.

Overall, I would rate this album a 10/10. It’s beautifully written and mixes lyrics with melodies in a way that really resonates with people.