A new Bubly machine appears in the commons

It’s new, but is it good?

Mayrene Ramos, Reporter

Have you noticed a new vending machine that has arrived at Mead high? It’s bright green and pretty hard to miss. Bubly sparkling water is what the new vending machine carries. The sparkling water consists of carbonated water with a hint of flavor to create better taste.

Have you tried them? The drink looks appealing with all the bright colors.

But does this new drink upgrade taste as good as it looks?

The first couple of weeks students started to show up with a Bubly in their hand and it became apparent we had a new vending machine.

When we approached administration for more information about the vending machine, they didn’t even know what students were talking about at first. It was surprising that administration knew very little about things that are being brought in to our school.

After eventually getting the opportunity to contact Shelly Allen, director of nutrition and warehouse services, we found that the reason for the new vending machine was being brought to the school was that “Pepsi updated the old machines and the Bubly machine was a new updated approved beverage.”

Overall “we have received very good feedback on the Bubly products” states Allen. “The vending program is a district run program and I purchased the machine in your school when it opened.”

Although the feedback seems to be pretty good, the students of Mead don’t think the same. Junior Ainsley Hammond states that “It doesn’t even taste like anything besides syrup and bubbles. It tastes almost as bad as starbucks”

I guess we all have different opinions, but if you want to try it for yourself be sure to buy one before the year ends.