Make-up work sessions scheduled for Dec. 7 late start

Students are encouraged to attend the study session to get extra help from teachers and make up any missing work

Angel Villalobos-Rivera

“[This is a] great opportunity for students to get an extra two and a half hours in a different setting, working individually with the teacher,” said Principal Dr. Brian Young.

On Dec. 2, parents were notified via email that the late start on Dec. 7 will be used as a morning makeup work session for students.

Instructors typically meet on PLC Days (late starts), but this week the MHS staff agreed to postpone meetings in order to work on a regular schedule in which teachers will work with students for up to two and a half hours if necessary to enhance their academic standing.

Students who are currently receiving a D or a F in one or more subjects are highly encouraged to attend study hours, although the decision remains optional.

From 7:45 to 10:15 a.m., students will be able to visit with multiple teachers. At 10:15 a.m., students will return to their regularly scheduled PLC Day classes.

Breakfast will be provided for students who attend as well as regular bus schedule transportation for students who arrive early. Buses will pick up at their regular times.