Get to Know the MavTV Crew

Get an inside on what goes into the MavTv episodes from the crew!

Dylan

MavTV has rejoined The Mav Newspaper after a year of working alongside student council.

The Mav student newspaper reunited to work with MavTV after a two-year hiatus. Members continued to put in hard work to engage students about events happening locally and within our school walls.

MavTV does this in a fun and timely manner. The crew had much to say about all the work and communication that goes into making an episode.

Jon Steidl (‘23), MavTV Editor, does the work of receiving and compiling all filmed clips, adding music, and organizing the flow of an episode. Steidl (‘23) outlines each episode alongside his crew.

One thing Steidl (‘23) wishes more people knew about what goes into an episode is “the amount of time and work [they do] outside of school.”

MavTV member Evan Diaz (‘23) said, “Even though the episodes may not always be what people expect, we’re always trying our best to teach new [members] new things.”

Community and atmosphere is important to all members. 

Adrianna Corp (‘23) said, “We’re like a family. It’s very tight knit and we all laugh together and work together [well].”

Drake Byars (‘23) said his favorite thing about being on MavTV is simply that “it’s fun to film [and] it’s fun to be filmed”. 

“There’s always good energy,” Byars (‘23) added.

Diaz (‘23) said they balance comedy with information to ensure each episode is the best it can be. He enjoys filming and helping with camera work — you can often catch him lying on the football field for that perfect shot.

He also wants to gently remind everyone that MavTV and Mav20 are “definitely” two different things.

Lars Messmer (‘25), incoming MavTV Editor, wishes people knew how truly personal each episode is and how much every member does to get an episode filmed, edited, and shared with Mead community.

“We put our hearts into the episodes,” said Messmer (‘25).

Ben Hergert (‘26) added, “There are more people behind it than what others may think, and I love the [creative outcome] we’re able to produce.”

MavTV puts lots of personal time and work into creating each and every episode. As staff members produce more and continue to represent an inclusive student body, sit back and enjoy the information, comedy, and creativity.

2022-2023 MavTV members include Ben Hergert (‘26), Jon Steidl (‘23), Evan Diaz (‘23), Paul Smith (‘25), Logan Bryant (‘25), Nico Sigala (‘26), Ana Corp (‘23), Drake Byars (‘23),  Zoe Cigg (‘23), and Lars Messmer (‘25).

k with MavTV after a two year hiatus, and members continued to put in the hard work to engage students of Mead High School about events happening locally and within the school walls. MavTV does this in a fun and timely manner. The crew had much to say about all the work and communication that goes into making an episode.

Jon Steidl (’23), MavTV Editor, does the work of receiving and compiling all filmed clips, adding music, and organizing the flow of an episode. Steidl (’23) outlines each episode alongside his crew.

One thing Steidl (‘23) wishes more people knew about what goes into an episode is “the amount of time and how much [they] work outside of school”.

MavTV member Evan Diaz (‘23) commented, “Even though the episodes may not always be what people expect, we’re always trying our best to teach new [members] new things.”

Community and atmosphere is important to all members. Adrianna Corp (‘23) said, “We’re… like a family. It’s very tight knit and we all laugh together and work together [well].”

Drake Byars (‘23) said his favorite thing about being on MavTV is simply that “it’s fun to film it’s fun to be filmed”. MavTV works hard to build a close community.

“There’s always good energy,” Byars (’23) added.

Diaz (‘23) said they balance comedy with information to ensure each episode is the best it can be. He enjoys filming and helping with camera work — you can often catch him laying on the football field for that perfect shot.

He also wants to gently remind everyone that MavTV and Mav20 are definitely two different things…

Lars Messmer (’25), incoming MavTV Editor, wishes people knew how truly personal each episode is and how much every member does to get an episode filmed, edited, and shared with Mead students and staff.

“We put our hearts into the episodes,” said Messmer (’25).

Ben Hergert (‘26) added, “There’s more people behind it than what others may think, and I love the [creative outcome] we’re able to produce.”

2022-2023 MavTV members include Ben Hergert (’26), Jon Steidl (’23), Evan Diaz (’23), Paul Smith (’25), Logan Bryant (’25), Nico Sigala (’26), Ana Corp (’23), Drake Byars (’23),  Zoe Cigg (’23), and Lars Messmer (’25).