Where are they going?: Ike Campbell

Welcome to The Mav’s Senior Tradition where we highlight our current seniors and discuss where they are headed
Ike is excited to further his future in statistics and science.
Jennifer Cloke

Isaac Campbell (‘24), better known as Ike to most of Mead High School, is a successful senior, finishing out his high school career with a tramendous 4.404 GPA.

Ike knows he wants to major in Actuarial Science in college, but has a couple of options for where he wants to go. Although he hasn’t committed to any school yet, Ike’s top choices are Purdue University, Cal Poly, and Syracuse University. Ike wants to study Actuarial Science because “it uses a lot of statistics and probability which are fields I’m pretty good at.” he said, “I can make a lot of money straight out of college.”

Ike found himself loving classes like AP Psychology, Jazz Band, and his tenth grade English class throughout his time at Mead. He credits his older sister (Izzy), Mr, Holskin, Ms. Fletcher, and Averi Williams (‘24) as his biggest supporters. Ike said, “They’ve all just been right there for most of my high school years and always encouraging.”

Baseball has been an immense part of Ike’s life. He has enjoyed playing for the Mavericks and bonding with his team. To him, it’s always been about having fun and building relationships with the guys on and off the field. Ike plans to play his senior year and lead a good season for the team.

The biggest takeaway from Ike’s high school experience is to be open to push yourself out of your comfort zone. “Don’t let the fear of failure stop you from doing anything you want to pursue,” said Ike.

Ike wants all incoming high school students to know that building good relationships with your teachers early on is good because it can help you later on. Ike also said, “Get involved in a club or sport or some extracurricular activity to get involved with the school.”                 

We wish Ike the best of luck and look forward to seeing him go far.