Where Are They Going?: Maya Haug

Welcome to The Mav’s Senior Tradition, where we highlight our current seniors and discuss where they are headed
Naomi Johnston
Maya is excited to continue her education, studying architecture in Arkansas.

Maya Haug is a senior at Mead High School and has attended MHS for three years, except for her sophomore year.

Maya says one of her favorite memories from high school was taking classes during Covid.

“It was very interesting,” she said.

Maya is also involved in out-of-school clubs and sports, including track and the National Honors Society.

Maya has decided to continue her educational career, majoring in architecture at the University of Arkansas. Maya visited the campus over the summer and went on an official tour after being accepted. Maya has also considered the University of Texas in Austin, Texas, but was really hoping to get into Arkansas.

Maya is an extensive planner. She said, “I already had a feeling about where I wanted to go. I feel all the teachers I’ve had have influenced me to follow my dreams and go where those dreams can be achieved.”

Maya also looks at the whole picture.

“I chose to major in architecture because there are so many possibilities. I have planned on being an architect for most of my life, so achieving my dreams has been very important to me,” she said.

Maya’s perspective focuses on goals and meeting the those she has set for herself.

“I feel like if I can achieve my goals, then I have made it in life,” she added.

Along with Maya’s perseverance to achieve her goals, she has an exceptional sense of creativity.

“I really enjoy creating and designing things,” she said, “I hope to one day design homes and maybe some libraries to benefit different communities.”

She describes architecture as something she wants to do for the rest of her life.

Maya wants incoming freshman and underclassman to know that classes and GPA matter. Avoid e-Credit classes by not slacking off.

We share much love and excitement for Maya as she continues her future and career at the University of Arkansas.