ESPN is abusing their power by showing Taylor Swift any chance they get (Opinion)

12 time grammy winner Taylor Swift is getting a lot of unwanted publicity, causing hate and affecting loyal NFL viewers opinion on the multi-billion dollar company
From+Taylor+Swift%E2%80%99s+Eras+Tour+to+her+appearances+at+multiple+NFL+games%2C+T+Swift+has+been+in+the+spotlight.+
Skylar Whalen
From Taylor Swift’s Eras Tour to her appearances at multiple NFL games, T Swift has been in the spotlight.

The Kansas City Chiefs  won their way to the Super Bowl on Sunday, Jan. 28–with a playoff win came much excitement, anticipation, and a kiss from Taylor Swift.

Swifties went wild after a multitude of photos hit the web of Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce post-games. Swift was pictured going up to Kelce to congratulate him on his big win. Alongside the sweet nothings and hug— a kiss was exchanged.

This past football season has brought a lot of unwanted publicity to Taylor Swift, along with the opportunity to use it. There are multiple allegations that ESPN is using the Swift-Kelce relationship for publicity and to gather new traffic that NFL games and broadcasts have never seen before. If you have the cow, milk it, but when does it become too much?

During the KC games, the camera cuts to Taylor Swift more often than not. Not only are the NFL fans noticing it, but it’s starting to bug Swifties’ fan base. At one point in this last game, the cameras were pointed to the suite where Taylor Swift, the Kelce family, Brittany Mahomes, and others were seated. She was pictured looking away-clearly annoyed-trying to pay attention to the game. Before the camera cut away, she mouthed ”Go away, Please.” Taylor has clearly had enough.

Taylor Swift should be allowed to go and enjoy her boyfriend’s games without the camera shoved up her nose every chance they get. Not only is Taylor getting the unwanted publicity, but from that she’s getting a lot of hate. Swift has a reputation of being hated, starting with Kanye fans, then people having an issue with her love life, then for her fans, and now for ESPN focusing more on Taylor than the actual game.

Why are we hating Tay Tay though? Taylor Swift has made it fairly obvious that she does not want this extra screen time, but it sure is doing something for ESPN, and all the broadcast channels. Swift has been to 12 NFL games this season, watching her lover Kelce. Those 12 games have built up quite a bit of airtime for her.

Earlier this season, Swift was asked to perform at the famous Super Bowl halftime show, but she politely declined, as her billion dollar tour, T.S. The Eras Tour, is to start back up in Tokyo the day before. This now has swifties stirring. Maybe Taylor has told a white lie and will actually perform, or maybe she’ll sit back and try to relax.

We can only help but wonder how the Kansas City Cheifs being in the 2024 Super Bowl LVIII on Sunday, Feb. 11, will affect her and the whole NFL world.

View Comments (1)