Mini-Mavericks become new members of the dance and cheer teams during their performance at the Varsity Boys Basketball game

The Mead cheer team and dance team hold a spirit camp for younger kids to introduce them to the Mead program

At halftime during the Boys Varsity Basketball game against Berthoud, the Mav cheerleaders and dance team had a mini spirit camp for K-8th graders. The girls had Thursday and Friday to practice their dance with the dance team and their cheer with the cheer team.

The dance team and the Mini-Mavs danced to an 80’s classic“Girls just Want to have Fun” by Cyndi Lauper for their performance at halftime. The Mini-Mavs did a great job performing their dance for their parents and for lots of Mead students during the game. They all practiced hard to be able to perform a challenging dance for the Mead community. They had lots of fun being able to be named a Maverick during their performance and hopefully, they will always remember the day that they became one of us.

The cheerleading team and the Mini-Mavs cheered a cheer called “Fight Team Fight”. The Mini-Mavs also did a great job doing the cheer as they did with dance. The little girls had a bunch of fun doing the cheer for their parents and the Mead community.

Sophomore Allyson Baerg was one of the cheerleaders that was working with some of the little kids. Baerg said she was very impressed with how the girls performed, but she feels like everything could have gone smoother if they had more time. She said, “I think it should be three days, especially for the little girls because with a lot of little girls, you have to relearn and reteach some things in the second day. Probably just because we could have put everything together in the third day instead of during the girls basketball game.”

Sophomore Amy Calkins is another one of the cheerleaders, and she had a lot of fun working with the little girls as well. She wishes it was a little longer so that she could bond better with the little girls. She wanted to be their friend instead of just their cheer coach.

Sophomore Savannah Adams is one of the dancers that worked with the kids on their dance routine. She was so happy that she was going to be able to work with little girls and turn them into mini dancers. She said, “Yes, I’m always excited to work with little kids! Sometimes it can get really overwhelming with the amount of kids that come to our clinic, but we just remember it’s all about them, and we love to teach them how to dance and do what we love.” She had a little different perspective about the time constraints. She thought it was a little bit of a challenge for them to learn that fast, but she thinks it was plenty of time for them.