MHS has multiple teacher and student doppelgängers

Four teachers share students’ physical attributes and personalities

Angel Villalobos

Here at Mead High School we have many doppelgängers between students and teachers.

Media pokes fun at how students assume that teachers don’t exist outside of highschool, yet there are often many similarities between teachers and students. Here at Mead High School, we have some student-teacher doppelgängers. A doppelgänger is a similar apparition or double of a living person. These students and teachers share similar looks as well as charisma.

Ellee Dietzman (‘26) and Ms. Metiver share many similarities. (Angel Villalobos)

Ms. Alaina Metiver and student Ellee Dietzman (‘26) share many similarities. Ms. Metiver teaches math, but her favorite subject is science. Dietzmans’ (‘26) favorite subject is science too, as well as history. Ms. Metiver has Dietzman (‘26) for geometry.

Ms. Metiver’s favorite aspect of herself is that she’s very passionate about what she does and wants to do best for her students. Dietzmans’ (‘26) favorite aspect about herself is that she is “really awesome.”

Ms. Metiver’s favorite aspect about Dietzman (‘26) is how she is very kind and fun to work with, and Dietzmans (‘26) favorite aspect about Ms. Metiver is that “she is a good teacher” and she also “has a good personality.”

Dietzman (‘26) is also apart of the MHS cheer team that Ms. Metiver used to coach. Metiver and Ellee Dietzman (‘26) overall have many similarities.

Student Eli Ford (‘24) and Mr. Parsons have several things in common. (Angel Villalobos)

Mr. Steve Parsons and student Eli Ford (‘24) are similar in many ways. Mr. Parsons teaches AP U.S. Government, Personal Financial Literacy (PFL), and Film Studies, and he also said, “My favorite subject is Doritos.” Ford (‘24) said his favorite subject is, “probably anything from music.”

Mr. Parsons currently has Ford (‘24) in government and has him in PFL last semester. Mr. Parsons said his favorite attribute about both him and Eli is that they’re both funny.

They have many similar traits: their hair, humor, outgoing personality, and quick wit. Mr. Parsons said, “I can see the resemblance between Eli and me. It’s primarily the hair, and I told him he should draw a beard on his face with a marker to complete the similarities.”

Ford (‘24) said, “I don’t think we [look alike] at all. I don’t see where it’s coming from. So this is just other people’s opinions.” 

Stacy Avitia and Ms. Sandoval are alike. (Angel Villalobos)

Ms. Rachel Sandoval and student Stacy Avitia (‘23) also have many similarities. Ms. Sandoval teaches Integrated World Studies with Ms. Mackey. She also teaches AP Psychology and eCredit.

Sandoval said, “My absolute favorite thing to teach is psychology.” Ms. Sandoval has Avitia (‘23) for AP Psychology this year. Avitia’s (‘23) favorite subjects are English, Science, and Psychology.

Ms. Sandoval’s favorite aspect about herself is her elbows, and oddly enough, Avitia (‘23) also likes her elbows, though her favorite aspect about herself is her style. Ms. Sandoval spoke on her favorite aspect about Avitia (‘23), “Stacy is smart, hardworking, and keeps it real. She’s helpful to other students and is always sweet and kind. I especially like her style — I mean drip — and most of all like how much she pops her gum in my class.”

Avitia’s (‘23) favorite aspect about Ms. Sandoval is her outfits and personality overall. Both Ms. Sandoval and Avitia (‘23) think they have many similarities.

Madison Troyer (‘24) and Ms. Krack have common traits. (Angel Villalobos)

Teacher Ms. Shannon Krack and student Madison Troyer (‘24) are similar too. Ms. Krack teaches AP Environmental Science, Biology, Forensic Science, Energy Science, and Energy Storage. Ms. Krack has never had Troyer (‘24) as a student in any of her classes. Ms. Kracks favorite subject is science. Troyer (‘24) favorite subject is choir.

Ms. Kracks biggest fear is dolphins and Troyer (‘24) said that she is not afraid of dolphins. “I’d kiss a dolphin,” said Troyer (‘24).

Ms. Krack and Troyer (‘24) favorite aspect about each other is their hair. Troyer (‘24) says she doesn’t see any similarities between the two, though Ms. Krack says she can see where it’s coming from.