Mead High School’s upcoming spirit week is Sept. 4-8

Spirit week for homecoming is coming soon
Arizona Lee
A student displays their collection of Mead spirit gear.

Homecoming is quickly approaching and students are encouraged to prepare outfits for homecoming spirit week. A photo-booth in the commons will be provided for students to show off their school spirit. 

There is no school on Monday, Sept. 4 due to Labor Day. 

Tuesday, Sept. 5 has the beach out theme. Mavericks can wear their best beach day outfit. Items like sunglasses and sun hats can be worn, but students are encouraged to avoid leis due to cultural appropriation. 

Wednesday, Sept. 6 spirit wear is Barbie World. This spirit wear is a new idea for Mead High School. Barbie World spirit day took inspiration from the Barbie movie. The attire for this day includes wearing pink and anything inspired by the Barbie franchise. 

Thursday, Sept. 7 is country vs country club. Students can decide to either wear country styled clothing like plaid shirts, boots, western print HEYDUDEs, bootcut jeans, flared jeans, or a cowboy hat. On the other hand, attire for country club can include tennis shirts, collared shirts, polo shirts, and khaki shorts. 

Finally, Friday, Sept. 8 is Mav Out, where students are encouraged to wear Mav gear or any orange and black clothing they have.