Easy tips and tricks to stay organized throughout the school year

There are various organizational methods that help alleviate school stress
Establishing routines and having the right materials can help you stay on track.
Raul Mares

Staying organized during the school year can be tough, especially once you start high school. Homework load and priorities become a bigger deal, making it that much more important to stay on track and remain organized. 

The most important and first step is finding a routine and organization type that fits you and your schedule. Being organized can look different for everyone, as there are healthy and unhealthy ways to stay organized. Organization is not just about keeping personal items in check, it’s about organizing your thoughts and capabilities, managing your time wisely, and setting goals for yourself.

An example of a bad organizational habit is lack of sleep. Setting aside plenty of time to rest is important when trying to stay organized, because a clear mind is crucial to completing tasks to the best of your ability. Getting ahead of your sleep patterns, anxiety, and lifestyle could all help improve your memory and ability to organize.

According to Dr. Andrew Lee from the website Understood, “Some signs of organization problems are clear, like a workspace that’s always messy. But others are harder to recognize.”

Examples they stated including forgetting to take important items back and forth from school, forgetting to gather the right materials for an assignment or project, not keeping things in a regular place so they’re easy to find, struggling to think about or do more than one thing at a time, and having trouble logically telling a story.

Learning how to break down tasks and making checklists can help. Also, there are organizational tools that can fit differing needs. 

Other topics include using a planner or working with people who can help you organize your tasks. 

Overall, there are many different ways to remain organized while still adhering to your personal needs. Finding out what helps you stay organized and on track, as well as finding the people you trust to ask for help can help you stay in order and be consistent.