Dec. 4 to Dec. 8 is spirit week

This month’s spirit week is themed around winter
Unsplash—Annie Spratt
The beginning of Dec. is spirit week.

Mead’s Student Council is hosting a spirit week for the winter season. There are extracurricular events also set to take place throughout the week.

Monday, Dec. 4, is “Pj Out.” Students are encouraged to wear their comfiest pajamas. A few ideas include onesies, flannel bottoms, slippers, and slipper socks.  

Tuesday, Dec. 5, is “Jersey Out.” These can be personal jerseys or your favorite sports team.

After school, students can support Varsity Boys Basketball at 4:15 p.m. This is an Erie and Mead invite at Mead High School. Mead will be facing off against Lakewood.

The spirit theme for Wednesday, Dec. 6, is “Socks, Crocs, and Birkenstocks.” Wednesday is a high of 60 degrees and a low of 30, so choose your paired socks wisely. After school, there are three events students can support. Boys Basketball will play against Lewis Palmer at Monument at 4 p.m. At 5 p.m., Girls Varsity Basketball will play against Legacy at Mead High School. Students can also support their peers in the arts. There will be a choir concert held in the auditorium at 6:30 p.m.

Thursday, Dec. 7, is “Winter Gear.” Attire can include coats, mittens, boots, scarves, hats, ear muffs, and anything else that keeps you warm. 

There will be two wrestling meets on Thursday. 5:30 p.m. is a Boys Wrestling Quad. Girls Wrestling faces off against Severance at 6:30. Both are home meets.

The last spirit day is “Color War” on Friday, Dec. 8. Students are encouraged to wear their class’s specific colors. Freshman are to wear green, Sophomores red, Juniors blue, and Seniors white. Teachers can choose their favorite or try to wear all the colors. There will be four events on Friday: Varsity Girls and Boys Basketball will play a Mead and Erie invite at Mead High School, Varsity Boys Wrestling will compete at the Cheyenne East Duals at 10 a.m. in Cheyenne, Mead Cheer will compete at the State Championship at 11:45 a.m. at the Denver Coliseum, and Marching Band is performing the National Anthem at a Colorado Eagles game around 7:05 p.m.