Student performs his guitar for fellow peers in commons

Mead High School has students with talents to share, especially Zachary Toler (‘26)
Raul Mares
Toler (‘26) is very passionate about playing the guitar and learning new songs.

In a short time, Zachary Toler (‘26) has found delight in performing the guitar for students passing by. This adoration of playing the guitar sparked this year as Toler (‘26) decided to enroll in a guitar course at Mead High School. The guitar course for Toler (‘26) was perceived as a relaxing class compared to others which led him to enroll. 

He often practices after school at home and tries to learn new songs. A favorite song of his that he plays is “Nothing Else Matters” by Metallica. Toler knows how to play selected songs but not fully and is still in the process of learning. He is currently learning to play “Falling Down” from the game Undertale and “Paint It, Black” by The Rolling Stones. 

Toler (‘26) plays his guitar in the hallways during lunch and the mornings before school for students to enjoy. Students sometimes gather around him or pass by. He plans on playing at the school whenever he learns a new song but not as consistently as usual. 

When Toler performs for students in the commons he said, “I think everybody enjoys it [and] I enjoy other people enjoying it.” 

Playing the guitar is one of Toler’s passions, therefore he jubilates in performing for his peers. He said he feels accomplished in learning something new. Though he hasn’t played outside of Mead High School’s hallways, he looks to the future for performing to others. 

View Comments (1)