Alumni remember their time at Mead High School

The school would not be the same without the help of the former Mead students
Yearbooks years 2010-2016
Aspen Bingham
Yearbooks years 2010-2016

Mead High School opened nearly 14 years ago, in 2009. Since then, a lot of things have changed, from the students and teachers to the way the school is run.

When Mead High School opened, there were no seniors. There were only underclassmen, which is very different from how it is today as the student body has completely filled out.

It’s important to remember the past students who helped build the foundation of the school and made it run the way it does today.

Dakota Bingham (‘12) was in the first graduating class. Bingham started as a sophomore in 2009, when the school first opened.

After high school, Bingham joined the Army and is now in college to get his radiology degree.

Jacob Perez, (‘13), was a large part of the school’s history. Perez was the student council president and was a large part of creating many of the traditions that we still enjoy today.

Perez helped homecoming become a tradition that many people look forward to each year. He also began Spirit Week and always came up with unique ideas to excite his peers.

After high school, Perez went to the Marine Corps and then went to Colorado State University for his teaching degree. While in school, he coached basketball for the JV boys team at Mead. He is currently a middle school teacher at Fort Lupton Middle School.

Tanner Bingham (‘13), was involved in football. One of his favorite memories was winning his first homecoming football game.

After high school, Bingham went to the Marine Corps and then went to Colorado State University, where he got his agricultural degree. He now lives in Oregon, where he is a vegetable farmer and is starting to make his own brand of hot sauce.

Justin Perez, (‘16), was involved in a few extracurricular activities, such as basketball. His love for basketball always showed, and he then went on to coach basketball for the Mead boys team.

Perez is currently in college to get his ministry license.

One of the common things the former Mead students noticed was the change in the number of students enrolled at Mead.

Perez (‘13) said, “I believe I had 300 students in my graduating class. I would guess there were less than 1000 students in the school.”

So many students worked hard to create the environment they now have. Their work and dedication to the school during their time at the school are not forgotten.

View Comments (1)