The Mav Bash stirs up school spirit on Jan. 20

An informal dance will be brought to Mead High and all Mavericks are invited
Jacob Morales
“Everybody wanted to have like a mid year dance. They wanted it to be less stressed than like homecoming. So [it’s] just like a fun casual get together with activities and games,” said Student Council teacher Mrs. Rue.

Student Council is hosting a new winter dance called The Mav Bash. The dance will be held in the big gym on Jan 20 from 7-10PM.  

The theme is “neon-out” but is meant to be informal. Attire to best fit the theme would be bright neon colors and light up accessories.

Because the dance informal, Student Council recommends wearing comfortable clothes. 

“There will be black lights,” said Leyna Johnson (’25) the dance coordinator.

Students are invited to enjoy music, ping-pong, and concessions at the dance. 

Guests attending other high schools can be invited as well, so long as they are a current high school student, per Administration.

Tickets are on sale for $10. The final purchase day of tickets is Friday January 12. 

Purchases can be made through the link in the mead StuCo Instagram account bio. If you’re interested, be sure to buy tickets soon, as time is limited. 

All proceeds will go towards Make-A-Wish.