Taylor Swift announces new album at 2024 Grammys

The Tortured Poets Department, announced at the Grammys will be released by Taylor Swift on April 19
Fans can pre-order retail at Taylor Swift’s website in honor of her new album.

Nominated for best pop vocal album, Midnights by Taylor Swift swept the audience off their feet with an acceptance speech of a lifetime. Announced at this year’s Grammys, Swift excited fans with her new album, The Tortured Poets Department, releasing on April 19, 2024.

The announcement follows numerous fanatics predicting that Taylor would re-release her 2017 album, Reputation. Reputation was her last album produced under Big Machine Records, to which was bought by Scooter Braun. After the buy-out, Swift lost all rights and proceeds to her own music, leading to the re-release and rebranding of all her albums prior to 2017. (Taylor’s Version).

To break the news to roughly 12.4 million people, Taylor said, “So I want to say thank you to the fans by telling you a secret that I’ve been keeping from you for the last two years, which is that my brand new album comes out on April 19. It’s called The Torture Poets Department. I’m gonna go and post the cover. Right now, backstage. Thank you.”

Taylor took to Instagram posting the news of her album, gaining two million likes in two minutes after the post was made. Swift’s website teased the standard tracklist, containing 16 songs.   

The Tortured Poets Department will follow Midnights (2022), and bleed into her international tour, taking a month long hiatus in April and picking back up on May 9 in Paris, France. 

Merchandise is available to pre-order on store.taylorswift.com.

View Comments (2)