Body found in Jefferson County may be missing person Nick Salvagni

The deceased body was found near shoes that were identified as Nick Salvagni
Brittney Hartman
Nick’s shoes found at the Dakota Ridge Trail near Golden, Colorado

The Jefferson County sheriff’s office has begun an investigation after finding human remains in the same area that was being searched for in efforts to find 33-year-old Nick Salvagni.

Salvagni went missing on December 8. from the Stegosaurus Park and Ride. Since then, his family and friends have not given up looking for him.

On March 2, there was a search conducted by Justice Takes Flight, a nonprofit organization dedicated to missing persons.

A number of items were found during this search, but the most significant was a pair of shoes found in two separate places nearly twenty yards off the Dakota Ridge trail.

On March 6, Brian Salvagni, Nick’s dad, sent Westword, a local news station, video footage of Nick attempting to go into a gas station before he went missing. In the footage, you can see that he was wearing the same shoes that were found during the search.

Deputies from Jefferson County went to the trail, collected the shoes, and initiated a more extensive search.

According to the Jefferson County sheriff’s office, a body was found somewhere between 1 and 2 p.m. by a member of the sheriff’s Mountain Patrol.

While there hasn’t been an official ID on the body, Brian said in a recent Facebook post, “I am confident that my firstborn son Nick is gone. I have talked with detectives from Eagle and Jefferson County and a coroner, so I’m sure.”

The investigation will take time, but as of now, it doesn’t appear that the death seems suspicious, said public information officer Jacki Kelley.

View Comments (1)