Disney film ‘Elemental’ exceeds expectations

This film is a great watch if in search of an upbeat and simple movie for friends and family
Elemental was a wonderfully produced movie.

The recent Disney Pixar movie Elemental stars Leah Lewis as Ember Lyman and Mamoudou Athie as Wade Ripple. This animated movie was released in theaters on June 16, 2023, and it has a playtime of an hour and 49 minutes.

The graphics used throughout this movie are beautiful and help move the story along. I think the artistic choices that the movies use are one of the key factors in what makes a movie so engaging. Elemental had a lot of aesthetically pleasing elements through and through. The use of colors helped provide emotion, as they were able to use reds and blues to show the contrast between the two main characters: Ember as a fire element and Wade as a water element.

Along with the graphics, the plot was beautifully written and had a classic Disney feel. It also has a lot of great underlying meaning including themes of self-acceptance and finding your path in life. And of course, because it’s a Disney movie, it’s a great movie to watch with family. After it was released to Disney, my siblings and I watched it on loop because of how much we loved it.

The soundtrack that was used throughout the movie was stunningly made and perfect for the overall vibe of the film. Unlike some movies where the soundtrack takes away from the plot or emotional moments, Elemental’s soundtrack increases and adds to the scenes.

However, some say that the underlying plot is overdone, and this movie was not all that good. I will have to disagree with them because this movie uses that premise and holds a new, unique story with amazing visuals, and though this pattern has been used before, I don’t think it takes away from the beauty of this movie.

My family and I  all agree that this is incredibly well made. It’s one of our favorites, and one we often revisit when looking for a movie to watch together. My younger siblings have watched it multiple times a day because they enjoy it so much. I think that fact alone shows that this movie is doing something right, whether that be the visuals, plot, or characters. Whatever it is, it will be playing on the screen in my living room for the foreseeable future.

Overall, I rate this movie a 9.5/10 because of all the different elements that were put into creating it.